Friday 12 December 2014

Challenge 22: Let it snow Top 3 Inspiration

Today I have for you some wonderful inspiration from the previous challenge top 3 winners. Enjoy and leave them a message to let them know what you think!

In no particular order we have:

Craftyfield:


Here is what she had to say:

When I saw that I had been chosen to join the Top 3 for the Magical Masking challenge I was thrilled. Recognition means that I am improving, occasionally hitting the target, and the sense of achievement spurs me on!
<insert photo here>
I made a frame with snowflakes die-cuts covered with an adhesive sheet, then glittered and gilded them (Winter Dawn).
The Mistletoe image is from the Retro Christmas plate. I coloured it with alcohol markers, adding white gel pen and white glitter as "frost".
As a backdrop for my image I used a circle cut out and splattered some blue, green and silver watercolours with a brush. You can visit my blog at http://craftyfield.blogspot.com where I have a bonus picture showing the incredible shine of the Flakes!




 Next up we have Ellie




Here is what she had to say:

The card was inspired by the saying : Snowflakes are the flowers of winter.
I started with a beautiful shimmery scrapbook paper with lots of white snowflakes on it. I sponged it with Distress inks to make the snowflakes pop. From a leftover piece I cut a few snowflakes to adhere it to the card later on. I chose to keep the flowers not that intense with color, so it became part of the background. They were adhered to the card with 3D glue. I also added some 'Crystal Ice' ICE Stickles to the centres of the flowers and snowflakes. Pity you can't see all the glamour going on on this card. 

Being chosen as 1 of the top3, is of course, an inspiration to go on, and enjoy crafting. I have been joining in the Indigoblu challenge lots of times, and always hoped to be chosen, and then suddenly it happens with a card I'm not really happy with,  LOL

You can find Ellie's blog HERE



You still have almost a week to enter the Challenge, so get creating!

2 comments: