Friday 5 May 2017

Walk Gently


Hello Jannet here, and today I am going to be using the stunning new Victorian Garden, and Mindfullness Stamp sets. Victorian Garden has beautiful butterflies gorgeous flowers and two lovely sentiments plus a bumble bee! Mindfullness has wonderful sentiments and an amazing butterfly.
This month we are thinking about "Things with Wings" which inspired me to bring some of our beautiful nature indoors to enjoy.
To create a Nature background I individually mixed a little water with Grandmas Teacup, Olive Waistcoat, and Warm Tan. I laid a wash of Grandmas Teacup onto the top of half the watercolour card, then using a clean wet brush I wiped off some small areas of the blue to create a cloud effect.


I used Olive Waistcoat and the Warm Tan colours on the remaining card by brushing, dabbing, and dragging the brushes in different directions over the card. Using a Coffee Archival inkpad I added the "Walk Gently" sentiment from the Mindfullness set.
I love pressed flowers, so I decided to add a Forget-Me-Not to the picture. (I press my flowers in between paper towels and place them in a thick book. Of course the correct way is to press them between blotting paper and use a flower press!)



I mixed Snow White paint, and Clockwork Heart luscious together and brushed it quite thickly onto the flower stamp and stamped it onto card. The thick paint gave it some texture. I used Snow White paint and Olive Waistcoat paint for the dandelion and fussy cut them both.
The butterfly from the Victorian Garden Stamp set is just beautiful and has quickly become one of my favourites. I used versamarker to stamp it and followed with black embossing powder.I mixed the luscious powders with water and used some artistic license to colour the butterflies, I think I created some new species! I followed the same process for the bees.The luscious powders make them gleam and sparkle beautifully.


I gathered a few twigs from the forest, and used raffia to tie them together to form a frame for the picture.



I juggled all the pieces around until I liked the look, and then adhered all of the flowers, bees and butterflies in place.I adhered the background to the back of the twiggy frame.
To finish I tied a length of raffia onto the back for hanging.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy Stamping!

Products used


6 comments:

  1. This is just stunning Jannet, so beautiful and I love the pressed flower. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty and organic creation Jannet and beautifully put together. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Jannet! I love these stamps and loving the gorgeous design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jannet, this is so creative and inspiring! Bravo friend! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some negative comments have been removed from this thread, as Jannets work is always beautiful, creative and unique. You will find her creating frames from twigs in many of her projects. You only have to look back to March on this blog where you will find another fabulous piece of art using twigs. To see more of Jannets beautiful artwork, and learn how to make a frame from twigs, check out the fabulous tutorial she shared over on the Mixed Media Mojo blog last November where you will find a stunning loom project.! http://mixedmediamojo.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/autumnal-loom.html

    ReplyDelete